I don’t have much of a sweet tooth but just love something a little bit naughty every now and again with my cuppa tea and cheesecake is one of my favourites.
This recipe is so easy and if you can’t find chocolate sweeten condensed milk then just use the ordinary one. All you need is:
397g chocolate condensed milk
250g cream cheese block softened
1 pkt gelatine (or 3 teaspoons)
1/4 cup boiling water
80g butter, melted
1 punnet of strawberries
half packet of chocolate biscuits of your choice (I used the triple choc ripple biscuits from Arnotts)
- First line a spring cake tin with baking paper. Don’t worry if you don’t have one you can use any cake tin you like.
- then in your food processor, blend the chocolate biscuits and melted butter till combined. Press the biscuit crumbs evenly around the base of your cake tin and place in the fridge to chill.
- Now to make the filling, in a small dish combined your gelatine and boiling water and stir till dissolved. If you don’t have gelatine you can use 3/4 cup of lemon or lime juice).
- To make the filling use a electric mixer or reuse your food processor to combine the condensed milk, cream cheese and gelatine till it’s silky smooth and there are no lumps of cream cheese.
- Pour your mixture over the top of your biscuit base and top with sliced strawberries and chill in your fridge for 2 hrs or until firm.
Now to eat it with a lovely cuppa!! Great to make when you have visitors over for afternoon tea too.