Friday, August 23, 2013

Fabric keyring for Father’s Day stall

Father’s day is just around the corner here in Australia and I like to donate what I can to the kids school for the Father’s Day stall and I had a few ideas of what to make but I ran out of time for most of them so I thought why not a keyring for Dad’s, something quick and easy and to use up your fabric scraps just like the key fobs for Mother’s Day I made here.

What you will need:

DSC08887

  • 9 x 4 inch strips of what every fabric that you think would be suitable for Dad.
  • 1 x snap spring keyring (I was able to pickup a pack of 5 for $2 at my local discount store)
  • 1 split ring.

First iron each strip down to a bias bind fold of 1 inch.  I ironed each end down first about quarter of an inch.fathers day fabric keyring Collage

Now pin and sew about quarter down and around each side as pictured.

DSC08894

Next is to sew the loop for the snap keyring to go through.  Fold the strip so that it is 1.5 inches short of one side and place the snap ring at the bottom of the fold and sew.  If you don’t want to put the ring in yet just mark 1 inch from the bottom and sew across:

DSC08895

 DSC08896

Now for the other end all you need to do is fold the long end over till it over laps the smaller strip and sew across.

 

  DSC08898

And there you have it, so easy. 

 DSC08899

 DSC08900

Have fun, would love you to share what you came up with!!

Jennifer xx

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment