I love risotto’s but I hate making them myself as they take for ever and after standing over the stove for around 25mins the consistency is never right.
So when I recently discovered that you can make risotto in your pressure cooker and it only takes 10 mins, well I have been sickening my family with it over the past 2 weeks.
I have made 3 different risottos, my favourite one so far being a bacon, mushroom and red wine risotto. I found the recipe in the July issue of Burkes Backyard and I just converted the recipe so that I could cook it in the pressure cooker.
Here’s how you do it:
- 11/2 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup slice mushrooms
- 2 rashers bacon diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 parmesan shaved
- heat oil in pressure cooker and cook onion, mushroom, bacon and garlic for about 2 mins or until the onion looks clear.
- add rice and red wine and stir until the red wine has has been absorbed.
- now add the stock (make sure you use boiling water if using powdered stock).
- secure lid and bring cooker to high pressure, cook for 7 mins.
- remove from heat and remove lid once the pressure has all been released
- stir through parmesan cheese and serve
MMmmm I can taste it now yummy.