A very good friend of mine shared here pizza base with all her friends on Facebooks so after giving it a try, this is the only way we make our pizza bases now.
And here is the recipe:
Tracey's Pizza Base
2 Cups Plain Flour (or pizza/bread flour)
8g Satchel Dry Yeast
1 Tsp Caster Sugar
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
3/4 Cup Warm Water
- Mix all dry ingredients then add oil and water. Mix to a soft dough.
- Knead on floured surface till soft and pliable
- Put back in bowl and cover with cling wrap. Put in a warm place for 30 mins or till it double's in size.
- When doubled, punch once to get air out.
- Remove from bowl and knead gently for 1 minute
- Roll to desired thickness and size and add sauce and your choice of toppings.
- Place in oven for 20-30 mins at 200c
I find that as I like a thin base there is enough dough for my two little girl's to make their own pizza.
MMMM guess what we are having for dinner!!!